Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I Don't Think Big Rodney Ever Took AP English 11


Jimmy: Rodney, did you ever cogitate Advanced Placement English 11 during your high school studies?
Rodney:  “I don’t know what that means. Please stop trying to confuse me.” (131).
Jimmy: I’m very sorry; I did not intend to confuse you. I just wanted to know if you took a particular English class in high school. I had a great experience in the class and it helped me a lot to become a better writer and overall student. I just wanted to know if you had a similar experience.           
Rodney: “You know how bad I am with time” (131). Was high school before of after middle school? I can’t remember.
Jimmy: It was after, when you hit in front of Ted Williams.
Rodney: Oh ok, I remember. I never took any Advanced 11 English Placement or whatever that was.
Jimmy: Well Rodney, you missed out on a great class.
Rodney: All I did in high school was baseball and I would “play Street Fighter III and Dreamcast” sometimes too (128).
Jimmy: It’s unfortunate that you missed out on such a quality learning opportunity.
Rodney: “I don’t mean to be rude or anything, and I’m not saying your wrong … but I don’t think that’s true at all”

1 comment:

  1. This was funny! I have to agree with your statement that Rodney would not have taken AP Enlglish. I especially liked when he didn't even know when high school was. Let's hope no one actually is this clueless. Also, your cartoon made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete